Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Shoes

I have two new shoes. The right one provides stability for my loose ankle. The left one anchors the weight bearing ankle and foot. Both have made my life easier this week.
It took me a while to remember that this morning. While my right ankle seems to be calming down, I'm still overcoming painful memories from last week. The slightest motion in the wrong direction pulled on a tendon no longer stabilized, triggering an intense spasm of pain several times. I taught all my lessons and even showed my house twice to potential buyers, but this morning I was just wearied by it all.
So I put on some make-up, drank some coffee, and took a picture of my feet on my colorful Guatemala throw. And since it's that time or year, I'll take a moment to count my blessings.
For one, Nathan's at Lee University today, playing with their honor band. My first in-laws drove him there and have spent two days toting him to and from rehearsals. I had plans to be there today, but other's are there for me instead. He's in good hands.
Sam is at the Dreamer's Conference at Riverstone Church. So while we're both dealing with odd physical issues, he's still dreaming big, swimming like crazy, making good grades in school.
And as I've struggled to get around this week, I've often thought of those who don't have access to special boots or doctors or surgeons who can tighten their loose ligaments. I'm inconvenienced. But I have hope. Imagine being crippled with no hope.
Some other blessings... Baby Catherine is thriving (see www.letterstocatherine.blogspot.com). Baby Hazel (grandchild #2) is adorable. Our store, "Go Fish" has survived during the economic downturn thanks to my husband's relentless dedication. And the God of heaven that we serve is simply more than able.
As I wobble through another day, hoping not to ignite that tendon, I will "hold unswervingly to the hope that we profess, for he who promised is faithful." (Heb. 10:23)

No comments: