Monday, October 8, 2012

From OakTara: Hot Off the Press


I'm sitting in a CarMax waiting room, trying to form thoughts. Blog ideas float in my mind, mingling with TV chatter, other's dialogue, and the annoying crunch of snack food.

I want to give up but was just told I have another hour and a half wait till my car is fixed. So write, I will.

A lot happened last week that led to a heart season change as real as the crisp weather outside that has me in long pants and a fleece jacket today. Bible study friends reached out. A very cool newly diagnosed mito mom contacted me. And two books with my stories were published by OakTara and are still hot off the press!

Every day I thought, "A real writer would be writing." Yet, every day rich conversation led to internal growth and new God perspective I wouldn't trade for a thousand well written words.

God's changing me. With the help of others. They serve as sounding boards and offer advice from their lessons learned. And sometimes they just offer advice how to make a cool wreath for my front door. However it works, today I relish rich community, the iron that sharpens iron... And two stories that tell me I'm moving forward, slowly, like the tortoise. But definitely forward.

And if you're looking for a collection of heartwarming love stories; stories from those who know God brought the right spouse at the right time to journey for whatever lifetime they were given, check out these links:




 
 

 
And check out Susan Schreer Davis on Itunes!!

No comments: