Saturday, November 3, 2012

Finally Home

The sky turned a hazy blue as Ole Miss succumbed to UGA on the football field, meaning my UGA boy should enjoy a decent bowl game this Christmas. A peaceful end to the sixteenth anniversary of my former spouses' promotion to glory.

Sixteen years. It's left me without too many words today. Just a picture and a song.

The photo is from a mito moms gathering we held at our store Tuesday night: Go Fish Clothing and Jewelry on the Marietta Square

Notice my bare right foot amongst the giraffes - the giraffes which come alive at night. (Think, Night at the Museum.) For that moment, however, they were great props after we learned to tie scarves and picked out hats.

Sure appreciate those ladies joining me for an evening out. And am grateful to Don for serving us well and even teaching a scarf tie I couldn't remember.

But when my heart gets full of happy things, I do too much. My hair and my hand controls got a six month fix this week and grandma's song is now recorded. But my left leg is in scary pain today.

Between sixteen years and scary pain, I'm going simple. Closing with a song. Hope you enjoy this musical remembrance...

 
Check out Susan Schreer Davis on Itunes!

No comments: