Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Susan on Itunes


This photo was taken six years and fifteen pounds ago, when I last recorded a full length collection of my songs.

Unsteady legs with no diagnosis left me lacking in confidence. So promoting my music took second place to finding out what was wrong with my body.

It stayed second place for quite a while.


Nieces and nephews pushed me to do more last summer. In September, Laura, who heads The Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine, encouraged me to perform a coffee shop gig during mitochondrial awareness week and debut the song Hope Flies.

A few weeks ago, someone close said, "Susan, you need to get your music on Itunes." I'd considered it before, even started the process once. But never finished.

The words went deep so I started the process again.

I got stuck when it came time to pay the one time fee. With finances tight, it seemed frivolous to put more money into music that was recorded years ago. So I prayed, "Lord, if you want me to do this, you have to provide the money. I can't justify this expense without a direct sign from you."

The next day, I called a medical office concerning a bill I'd been making payments on for four months. The billing assistant looked it over closely and decided I didn't owe the money. She promised a full refund, which was ten dollars short of the amount I needed to get my music on Itunes.

Amazed, I finished the web site process and sent my Cd's to CD Baby. 

As I waited for the music to be uploaded onto the site, I received a facebook message from a name I didn't recognize. A man I met on an airplane over seven years ago wrote to ask if I had more music available. He reminded me that I sold him a CD before we parted ways and was interested in buying more.

Humbled. Honored. Surprised.

About a week after he wrote, the songs showed up on Itunes. Search my full name: Susan Schreer Davis. You'll find them there, available as downloads.

I don't know how much music I will sell on Itunes. But the encouragement I've had on the way has spurred me on.

So if you find it and like it, write a review and tell your friends.

Cause Susan's now on Itunes.

"Play the harp well, sing many a song, so that you will be remembered." (Is. 23: 16)

No comments: